Shine Lawyers Logo
1800 618 851

Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Queensland & WA

If you've been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Queensland or Western Australia (WA) – whether it was from a car accident, quad bikemotorbike, bicycletruck or any other type of motor vehicle – Shine Lawyers have motor vehicle accident lawyers who can help you bring about a claim for compensation.

If your injury involves public transport, was caused by a cyclist or as a pedestrian, or by an unidentified or unregistered motor vehicle, we can help you.

Our lawyers operate on a No Win No Fee* basis, which means you don’t have to pay our legal fees unless we win your claim at the end.

*Conditions apply

How much can I claim for my injuries following a motor vehicle accident?

The amount of compensation you can claim in Queensland or WA will depend on;

  • How bad your injuries are
  • Your age
  • How much you have lost and will lose in wages
  • How much care you need
  • How much money you have paid and will have to pay out of your own pocket.

Once your injuries have been identified, you’ll need to see a doctor to understand the impact these will have on your future work and enjoyment of life.

This will usually involve visiting one or more medical specialists and them writing a report to support your claim.

Watch the video below for a simple step-by-step guide to accessing compensation after a motor vehicle accident.

How motor vehicle compensation gets calculated in Queensland and WA

Depending on the nature of your motor vehicle claim in Queensland or WA, in most instances a monetary value is placed on the gap between your predicted life path before the motor vehicle injury, and your actual life path since the motor vehicle injury.

Compensation Diagram

This page is written specifically for a Queensland or Western Australian audience. Restrictions in these states prohibited us from showing certain information regarding our legal services, so if you are located outside these states please click here for information on motor vehicle accident law.

Common injuries suffered in car accidents

According to a Department of Transportation study, head injuries are the most common type of injuries suffered in car accidents. This category includes concussions, fractures and even traumatic brain injury resulting in long-term cognitive difficulties.

What can I claim after a motor vehicle accident in Queensland or WA?

Your motor vehicle accident claim will cover all of your physical and psychological injuries and losses, including past and future costs.

Some examples of the things you might be able to claim under Queensland or WA law include:

  • Medical, rehabilitation and hospital expenses
  • Loss of earnings
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Home help and nursing provided by anyone, paid or unpaid, if it meets certain conditions.

You can also claim compensation for damage to your motor vehicle and contents separately through your motor vehicle insurance provider.

For many people, the insurer will agree to pay some or all costs for your ongoing treatment, so that you’re not out of pocket while you’re waiting for the claim to be finalised.

Our offer to you

Shine Lawyers | Service Icon | Shine Lawyers

Obligation-free initial consultation to assess your case confidentially

Shine Lawyers | Service Icon | Shine Lawyers

Claim assessment process where we will explain all of the options available to you

Shine Lawyers | Service Icon | Shine Lawyers

We can come to you - if you can't make it into the office we're more than happy to come to you

Shine Lawyers | Service Image | Shine Lawyers

No Win No Fee arrangement

Common Questions

If you’ve been injured in an accident in Queensland or WA, whether you were in a:

And can prove the other driver was at fault, a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance claim can compensate you for your injuries.

If death was caused by the motor vehicle accident, dependents may also be able to claim for funeral expenses and loss of financial support under Queensland or WA law.

If the other car was unregistered or unidentified, you can still make a CTP claim.

To get you compensation for your injuries in Queensland or WA, lawyers need to prove:

  • The person who caused the injury owed a ‘duty of care’ for your safety
  • The duty of care was breached (for example, they ran a red light)
  • You have been injured as a result of the accident.

In most cases, the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident will pay the compensation under Queensland or WA law.

The driver themselves won’t pay out of their own pocket so they won’t have to find lawyers to help them.

Their car insurance company will deal with everything.

How long your motor vehicle claim will take in Queensland or WA depends on how complicated your situation is, how serious your injuries are, and what treatment you’re likely to need before your injuries will stabilise.

Many car accident claims can be finalised within 18 months, but more complex cases with multiple injuries can take longer.

Yes - there are time limits under Queensland or WA law and these dictate the time you have to bring a claim forward.

The usual time limit is three years from the date of the accident, but this can vary.

The time limit can be much shorter for certain claims so we recommend you seek legal advice straight after the accident.

For all motor vehicle claims in Queensland and WA, we work on a No Win No Fee* basis, so you will only pay our legal fees if you win your case.

Your legal costs will depend on the amount of work required to resolve your claim and each situation is different.

*Conditions apply

It is possible to legally represent yourself when making a compensation claim. Doing so successfully will likely require a thorough understanding of the law, your legal rights and entitlements, and a commitment to actively pursue the case to move it forward.

Most people making motor vehicle compensation legal claims choose not to act for themselves and instead engage an expert compensation lawyer. The best compensation lawyers can provide the knowledge and experience required to help guide a case to a successful outcome.

Shine Lawyers have offices in the following locations in Queensland and WA. As part of our service offering, home or hospital appointments can be arranged at your convenience.

Enquire Now

If required, we gather more details or documents later in the process.
We're available to talk