Shine Lawyers Main Logo

Not at fault and no insurance

Motor vehicle accident

Being involved in a car accident is traumatic and stressful enough. But if you have no insurance, it can feel overwhelming. 

If you’re injured on the road, you may be able to access compensation through a CTP claim. Our Motor Vehicle Accident experts can help you claim the support you need, on a No Win, No Fee* basis.   

Do I have a claim? 

After a car accident, figuring out your entitlements can be confusing, with different types of insurance covering separate claims. 

When it comes to injuries on the road, we may be able to help you claim compensation to support your recovery, regardless of your insurance or who was at fault. 

A driver, pedestrian, or cyclist injured on the road may be eligible to make a compensation claim through Compulsory Third Party Insurance, known as CTP. This insurance covers drivers across Australia in the event they get injured, or injure, or kill another person. 

Check if you have a claim with our simple, free online tool.

What we will ask: 

  • Details about the accident and injuries that have happened to you or your loved one 

  • Basic personal information that is relevant and necessary for your claim

What happens next:

  • Either book a no-obligation appointment with a motor vehicle accident legal expert right away or,

  • Speak with our team about your options

How Shine can help

We have helped thousands of Australians right wrong and access more than $1 billion in entitlements and compensation through our expert services.

95% of the cases we represent are settled without the stress of going to court.

We offer access to affordable legal advice including on a No Win, No Fee* basis and an obligation-free initial consultation, so you can understand your rights and know where you stand.

*Conditions apply 

We are ready to take action to get you quick access to the help and compensation you need to right wrong. 


Are there motor vehicle & pedestrian accident lawyers near me?

With more than 40 branches across Australia and 1000+ team members, location is no barrier when it comes to accessing Shine Lawyers legal advice and support. 

If you or your loved one has been injured on the road or as a pedestrian and you'd like to speak to our motor vehicle accident team in person, you can see our full list of locations here. 

If you can't find a location near you, we can easily arrange an obligation-free virtual appointment or discuss the option to meet at a location that’s comfortable and convenient for you. No matter where you are located, we will always provide the same, expert advice and manage your road accident claim with the same level of quality and commitment.

Can I represent myself, or do I need a motor vehicle accident lawyer?

If you have car accident injuries, a lawyer can help you with the claims process, as well as if your claim ends up in court (against the insurer’s lawyers). A lawyer can help you:

  • Understand your legal rights and entitlements

  • Make sure you don’t miss an important step in the claims process

  • Move your case forward to seek compensation for your injuries

Back to top


Shine Lawyers acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the Country throughout Australia and their connections to land, waterways and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.

Shine Lawyers Pty Ltd | ABN 86 134 702 757

Copyright 2023 Shine Lawyers. All Rights Reserved