Bankruptcy is the process of releasing an individual from almost all of their debts and, in some cases, it can offer people a fresh start. Our team of experts can walk you through the financial options available to you and the consequences of each.
Shine’s bankruptcy and personal insolvency services
Shine Lawyers’ personal insolvency law team helps those in financial difficulty navigate Australia’s insolvency law regime. We work with you to achieve the best outcome for you.
- Are you worried about or considering bankruptcy? A Part IX consumer debt agreement? Don’t know which option is right for you?
- Are you being pursued by debt collectors?
- Do you have too much debt and want to know what your legal options are?
- Are you about to receive worker’s compensation, or insurance proceeds from a personal injury, and want to know what your options are to protect your compensation from creditors?
The Shine Lawyers Difference
Lots of services offer “debt solutions” or “debt management” plans to customers. Unfortunately, many aren't run by lawyers or accountants and lack formal insolvency law qualifications. Some may offer a 'one size fits all' solution, like a consumer debt agreement, because they earn commission, even though it may not be right for you.
Shine Lawyers is different because we guarantee that:
- You deal directly with a qualified bankruptcy and insolvency lawyer or, in appropriate cases, are referred to an insolvency accountant trained in this area of the law.
- We take the time to understand your situation and explain all the available options.
- As experienced commercial lawyers, we can advise on a broad range legal options. This includes bringing or defending litigation, asset protection and structuring your financial affairs - where we identify the need.
Get in touch with the team using the forms below.