About the American Medical Systems Mesh Class Action
This class action is against the manufacturers of the implants and American Medical Systems Medical Pty who supplied the implants in Australia.
The AMS implants have been used to relieve stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse, but instead have resulted in many severe complications for Australian women. These proceedings are brought on behalf of all women who have had one of the following implants inserted and suffered complications as a result:
- Perigee Transobturator Anterior Prolapse Repair System;
- Apogee Vaginal Vault and Posterior Prolapse Repair System;
- Elevate Anterior and Apical Prolapse Repair System;
- Elevate Apical and Posterior Prolapse Repair System;
- SPARC Sling System;
- MONARC Subfascial Hammock System;
- MiniArc Single-Incision Sling System;
- MiniArc Precise Single-Incision Sling System;
- MiniArc Pro Single-Incision Sling System;
- RetroArc Retropubic Sling System.
The implants and complications that are covered by these proceedings are described in our pleadings accessible below.
Supporting Documents for the AMS Class Action
- Third Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Fourth Further Amended Originating Application
- Defence to the Second Further Amended Statement of Claim