If you've been hurt because of a faulty American Medical Systems (AMS) mesh or tape implant, you may be entitled to compensation. Our class action lawyers are investigating a class action against American Medical Systems, the manufacturers of the implants and American Medical Systems Medical Pty who supplied the implants in Australia.
The AMS implants have been used to relieve stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse, but instead have resulted in many severe complications for Australian women. These proceedings are brought on behalf of all women who have had one of the following implants inserted and suffered complications as a result:
- Perigee Transobturator Anterior Prolapse Repair System;
- Apogee Vaginal Vault and Posterior Prolapse Repair System;
- Elevate Anterior and Apical Prolapse Repair System;
- Elevate Apical and Posterior Prolapse Repair System;
- SPARC Sling System;
- MONARC Subfascial Hammock System;
- MiniArc Single-Incision Sling System;
- MiniArc Precise Single-Incision Sling System;
- MiniArc Pro Single-Incision Sling System;
- RetroArc Retropubic Sling System.
If you have received an AMS implant and want to be part of the class action, get in touch with our class action experts and we will investigate a claim on your behalf.
For more information about the products involved and further details about the class action, please see our “Common Questions” section below.
The implants and complications that are covered by these proceedings are described in our pleadings accessible below.