Whether you’re contesting a Will, administering an estate or drafting a Will, you need Wills and Estate experts who are dedicated to securing the best outcome for their clients. With extensive industry experience, Shine Lawyers’ Wills and Estate team possess the expertise to protect our clients’ rights.
Contesting a Will
Laws exist to ensure that a deceased person’s assets are appropriately distributed so that relatives and other categories of people are adequately provided for. You may have legal grounds to contest a Will if:
- You believe the Will doesn’t make adequate provision for you
- You can show that the deceased was not of sound mind when they made the Will
- You believe the deceased was pressured or threatened to sign the Will
- You were made a promise by the deceased that if you did something for them, they would provide for you in their Will.
When it comes to contesting a Will, the law can be complex and varies from state to state. Strict time limits apply, so it is crucial to seek legal advice as soon as possible if you believe you have grounds to contest a Will.
This is where Shine Lawyers can help. Our Will Disputes team offer expert legal representation. We listen to our clients’ concerns and build an understanding of their unique situation, so we can achieve the best possible outcome for them.
The legal requirements of acting as an executor or administrator can be overwhelming, especially when someone close to you has recently passed. Our Wills and Estate team can assist you with all aspects Estate Administration, allowing you to grieve without having to worry about the legal complexities. We provide sensitive and considered advice on:
- Funeral arrangements
- Applying for probate
- Preserving assets
- Gathering assets and paying liabilities
- Defending the estate from any legal challenge
- Managing the deceased’s tax affairs
- Distributing property to beneficiaries.
Making or Updating a Will
An up-to-date Will allows you and your family to feel confident your wishes will be respected and carried out upon your passing. You may want to update your Will if you’ve recently experienced:
- Marriage or divorce
- The birth of children or grandchildren
- The death of a beneficiary or executor
- A significant change to your financial situations or assets.
Our Wills and Estate expert can help you prepare a robust, legally valid Will*. We will listen to your wishes and tailor your Will, which outlines your decisions on:
- How your assets will be distributed
- Your preferred burial or cremation arrangements
- Your chosen executor
- A guardian for your children under 18 years old.
*For the preparation of a standard Will, a fixed fee of $450 will apply. For more complex arrangements, additional fees may be required. Your lawyer will explain the process and outline the fees for you prior to commencing your Will.
Why Choose Shine Lawyers Wills and Estate team?
An expert team with extensive experience in wills and estate litigation across multiple jurisdictions, we are dedicated to securing the best outcomes for our clients.
Our specialist Wills and Estate lawyers ensure that our clients’ rights are protected, consider everything necessary when it comes to the complexities of wills, estate planning and estate administration, including all assets, medical directives and final wishes.
We are here to listen to our clients’ concerns and provide sensitive and expert legal advice across the following services: