Shine Lawyers is investigating a class action against Carnival on behalf of passengers impacted by a norovirus outbreak whilst on board one of eight successive Sun Princess cruises, between 5 December 2016 and 26 February 2017.
What is the Sun Princess Norovirus Class Action about?
The investigation aims to determine whether Carnival breached the Australian Consumer Law by failing to provide cruises that were fit for their intended purpose. Any prospective class action will seek to give passengers an avenue to hold Princess Cruises and Carnival responsible for the loss and damage suffered arising from the norovirus outbreaks on the affected voyages - regardless of whether or not they fell ill.
If you were a passenger on any of the Sun Princess voyages listed below, you are encouraged to express your interest in this class action investigation.
Can I join the Sun Princess Norovirus Class Action Investigation?
You are eligible to sign up to the class action investigation if you were a passenger on one of the following Sun Princess voyages – regardless of whether or not you fell ill:
- Busselton, 5 December 2016 to 18 December 2016 (S622P)
- Margaret River, 18 December 2016 to 21 December 2016 (S623)
- Indonesia, 21 December 2016 to 5 January 2017 (S701)
- Margaret River, 5 January 2017 to 8 January 2017 (S702)
- Northern Australia, 8 January 2017 to 22 January 2017 (S703)
- Papua New Guinea, 22 January 2017 to 2 February 2017 (S704)
- New Zealand, 2 February 2017 to 16 February 2017 (S705)
- South Pacific, 16 February 2017 to 26 February 2017 (S706)
If you are unsure whether you meet the criteria, please contact us so that we can provide you with further assistance regarding your legal rights.
How to register for the Sun Princess Class Action Investigation
To register for the Sun Princess Norovirus Class Action Investigation, please click the button below and complete the registration form.
If you have any questions or require any assistance in registering for the investigation, please contact our Sun Princess Norovirus Class Action team on 1800 325 172.
Who is Shine Lawyers’ Class Action Team?
Shine Lawyers’ Class Action Team includes some of the firm’s most experienced solicitors and support staff. The team includes: