We place a lot of trust in our health care professionals so when things go wrong, you might feel angry and confused. If a health worker or facility doesn’t take reasonable care or skill in the treatment of your injuries, then you may be able to claim compensation for medical malpractice.
What is medical negligence?
Medical negligence, or medical malpractice, is a term which is used to describe an act or omission by a medical facility or practitioner that causes injury or harm to a person that is under their care.
For medical malpractice to be established, the act must be proven to fall below the accepted standard of practice in the medical community.
Making a medical compensation claim
If you think you have been hurt by inadequate medical advice or treatment, then talk to us about making a claim for medical negligence to help get things back on track. You might think taking legal action is stressful and expensive but we can take care of things and help you on a No Win No Fee* basis. This means you can focus on getting better while we focus on getting you the best outcome.
Our medical negligence, or medical malpractice, legal services include:
- Amputation as a result of negligence;
- Anaesthesia errors;
- Birthing injuries;
- Bowel and oesophageal perforation;
- Brain infections;
- Cardiac injuries;
- Cauda Equina Syndrome compensation claims;
- Cerebral Palsy compensation claims;
- Claiming Compensation for the Death of a Loved One;
- Head injuries;
- Medical misdiagnosis;
- Mental Health Negligence Claims for Mentally Unwell Patients;
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery compensation claims; and
- Spinal injuries.
Watch the video below for a general guide to bringing a claim for medical malpractice compensation.
For more information about medical negligence claims, see our Common Questions section below.
Shine Lawyers can help
If you have been harmed as a result of medical negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact Shine Lawyers today for an obligation-free discussion about your potential claim.
Medical Law News
- Shine secures $6.7M payout for meningitis victim Nancy Mules
- Meningitis inquest sparks calls for greater vigilance
- Baby deaths at Bacchus Marsh Hospital stem from entrenched systemic failings
- Shine contacted by Lady Cilento victims
- Women left physically and emotionally scarred after botched breast surgeries
- Dental patients potentially exposed to HIV and hepatitis
- Endometriosis linked to greater risk of pregnancy complications
Superannuation and Disability Insurance
If you are unable to work due to illness or injury you might be entitled to benefits through your superannuation or other insurance policies. We recommend speaking to one of our experts for a quick, obligation-free analysis of your situation to determine your rights and ability to make a claim.