DePuy Class Action ASR Hip Replacement
$250M Settlement Reached In DePuy Class Action
Update: On 1 December 2016 the Court delivered its written judgment on the approval of the DePuy ASR Class Action Settlement. The written judgment contains the Court’s detailed reasons for the Orders made on 29 June 2016 approving the Settlement. The judgment is available to view here.
The DePuy ASR Hip Class Action began in 2011 and has been jointly conducted by Shine Lawyers and Maurice Blackburn Lawyers.
In March 2016 Shine Lawyers and Maurice Blackburn reached a conditional agreement with Johnson & Johnson and DePuy International to settle the DePuy ASR hip class action for $250 million, subject to approval by the Federal Court.
On 29 June 2016, the Federal Court approved the Settlement pursuant to an Amended Settlement Scheme, which is available to be viewed in the ‘Further Information’ section below.
Important details of the Settlement, including information on what Group Members must do to claim compensation in the settlement are summarised in the Notice of Proposed Settlement and Further Notice to Group Members which are also available to be viewed in the ‘Further Information’ section below.
Click to view the following pdf documents relating to the class action:
- Further Notice to Group Members
- Amended Settlement Scheme
- Information on the proposed settlement – Notice of Proposed Settlement
- Proposed settlement – Settlement Scheme
- Second Further Amended Originating Application
- Second Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Defence of the First Respondent to the Second Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Defence of the Second Respondent to the Second Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Notice to Group Members and Opt out Notice
Recipients of the DePuy ASR device who wish to claim compensation in the settlement must register online here.