Coming to terms with abuse can be a very difficult process. While no amount of money can take away the harm the abuse may have caused, compensation may be available to help you access the care and support services you need.
Abuse claim lawyers
At Shine Lawyers, we have a team of abuse law experts who are here to listen to your story, act on your behalf and help you access compensation for your harm. Our lawyers will do all they can to make sure the compensation process is as simple as possible and will strive to obtain the outcomes that truly matter to you and your loved ones.
With a strong understanding of the fragile state that many abuse survivors are in, our lawyers recognise the importance of ensuring that all litigation is run in a respectful and empathetic manner.
We have experience running a wide range of abuse claims, including where individuals were subjected to abuse within:
- Church or Church-run institutions
- Child care centres
- After-school care centres
- The workplace
- Medical service centres and rooms
- Public places
- State and Federal Government Departments.
- Juvenile detention centres
According to the Australian Human Rights Commission, sexual harassment is any unwanted or unwelcome sexual behaviour which makes a person feel offended, humiliated or intimidated.
While most sexual harassment cases occur in the workplace, sexual harassment can also happen in public and private settings including school, university, sports teams, online or over the phone.
Sexual harassment may include physical or verbal acts such as inappropriate advances, intrusive questions, inappropriate comments, staring, touching, sexually explicit messages, requests for sex or unwanted date requests, physical assault, indecent exposure and stalking.
No Win No Fee
We believe that everyone has the right to stand up against injustice regardless of their financial situation. That's why we offer to work for you on a No Win No Fee* basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we are successful in getting you compensation.
- Royal Commission Redress Scheme proposal
- Leeuwin case study and HMAS Leeuwin Update
- Jehovah's Witnesses Historical Abuse Claims
- Geelong Grammer: Reparation for abuse survivors and For Survivors of Abuse, The Wait Is Over
- Bullying trends in Australia and Social networks to pay for cyber bullying
- Taxi companies under fire after sexual assault incidents