Shine Lawyers Main Logo

Make your TAC claim with confidence

We’re ready to help you claim the compensation you deserve on a No Win, No Fee* basis. Enquire now to start your claim today.

*Conditions apply

Enquire now

Am I eligible to make a TAC claim in Melbourne or Victoria?

What Can I Claim For?

What you can claim depends on the extent of your injuries and the damage that occurred. In Victoria, you may be eligible to claim for:

  • Loss of income

  • Hospital and medical expenses

  • Rehabilitation expenses

  • Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life

  • Dependency benefits

Enquire now

How long will It take?

This depends on your injuries, the treatment you’ll need and your recovery. Strict time limitations apply when lodging a motor vehicle accident claim. Ensuring you get legal advice as soon as possible, after sustaining an injury is crucial.


Ensuring everyone has access to justice is important to us and that’s why we offer our motor vehicle accident services on a No Win, No Fee* basis. This means you won’t have to worry about legal fees unless we receive a successful outcome for you.

*Conditions apply.

What is the TAC claims process?

Report the accident and submit a claim through TAC

  • You have 12 months from the date of the accident to lodge a claim with the TAC.

  • In Victoria, you must first report the accident to the Police and get a TAC medical certificate from your doctor.

  • You can call the TAC on 1300 654 329 to make your claim.

  • Once TAC has approved or denied your claim, get in touch with our team of TAC legal experts. We can assess your situation, help you understand your rights and lay out all your options.

We'll build your case and keep you informed

We will work with you to gather all the documentation and medical evidence required to support your claim. You focus on your recovery, and we’ll take care of the rest whilst always keeping you in the loop.    Once our investigations are complete, we will advise you of the best way forward to pursue your claim.

We’ll use our experience and expertise to develop the best strategy to maximise your benefits

Once we have everything we need, our team will determine the right path for your claim. That will either be an Impairment Benefit claim or a Common Law (if someone was at fault), or both.

Lodging Impairment claims

Once you’ve recovered and your injury has stabilised, we’ll arrange medical examinations and then lodge your claim on your behalf. This will generally take between 6 to 12 months after the accident, and you may be eligible for a lump sum ranging from $9K to $400K.

Lodging Common Law claims

Once we’ve developed an accurate picture of your injuries and their impact on your quality of life, we’ll apply for permission to bring a negligence claim on your behalf. Generally, this takes 10 to 12 months and through this process, you may be eligible for lump sum compensation in relation to your pain and suffering and/or loss of earnings. 

Expert TAC compensation lawyers 

We are ready to take action to get you quick access to the help and compensation you need to right wrong. 95% of the cases we represent are settled without the stress of going to court.

Let's talk

Provide your details and one of our friendly Client Care team members will be in touch to listen and understand your situation.

I only have a landline

Back to top


Shine Lawyers acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the Country throughout Australia and their connections to land, waterways and community. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.

Shine Lawyers Pty Ltd | ABN 86 134 702 757

Copyright 2024 Shine Lawyers. All Rights Reserved