With food safety on the public agenda it is more important than ever to be aware of how to stay safe when eating out. Shine has 10 tips to ensure you and your family can enjoy safe, healthy meals both at home and while dining out.
- Always wash and dry your hands thoroughly during food preparation
- Store food at correct temperatures
- Check that food has been cooked properly and all the way through
- If in doubt throw it out
- Be sure to separate raw and cooked foods
- Remember that different utensils must be used for raw and ready-to-eat foods
- Monitor your fridge and freezer temperatures
- Salads, spreads, dips and other perishable products should be kept cool or refrigerated until needed
- Rinse all fruit and veggies in clean water
- Always keep your utensils, cutting boards and containers clean and dry
Written by Shine Lawyers. Last modified: September 26, 2018.