As part of our service, we provide all asbestos compensation legal services on a No Win No Fee guarantee, which means you don't have to pay our legal fees unless we win your claim at the end.
We also provide compensation legal service for other dust related diseases such as Coal Worker’s pneumoconiosis (aka “Black lung”). If you are one of the ex-QLD coal miners who have acquired ‘black lung’ (pneumoconiosis), you may be able to claim for compensation.
This page is written specifically for a Queensland or Western Australian audience. Restrictions in these states prohibited us from showing certain information regarding our legal services, so if you are located outside these states please click here for information on asbestos compensation law.
Our offer to you
Common questions about Asbestos Compensation Queensland and WA
If you have an asbestos-related disease you may be able to claim under Queensland or WA law even if:
- You’re no longer working at the same place where you were exposed to the asbestos.
- Your employer doesn't exist anymore
- You were self-employed or a contractor
- You were employed by more than one organisation
- You suffered second-hand exposure (for example, contact with someone who was exposed to asbestos)
- You are, or were, a smoker
You could also make a claim, even if the asbestos exposure:
- Was not work-related
- Occurred during home renovations
- Is unknown to you
- Happened more than 50 years ago, interstate or overseas
In most cases under Queensland or WA law, compensation can be available for:
- Pain and suffering
- Payment for loss of life expectancy
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Loss of earnings (past and future)
- Home help and nursing help
- Care and help provided by friends and family
- Drugs and medical treatment.
In most cases a monetary value is placed on the gap between your life path before the injury or illness, and you actual life path since. All claims are different and how much compensation you receive will depend on a range of factors.
Even if the employer no longer exists it’s still possible to claim compensation under Queensland or WA law.
In most instances a monetary value is placed on the gap between your life path before the injury, and your life path since the injury.
In some cases the claim may be finalised in a few weeks or months.
Every case is different and depends on the individuals circumstances.
We recommend that you seek legal advice as soon as possible so you can make sure you are compensated.
- Gold Coast
- Hervey Bay
- North Lakes
- Stones Corner
- Strathpine Centre
- Sunshine Coast
Why choose Shine
Meet the team
Shine Lawyers also have accredited specialists in personal injury law in Queensland:
Jodie Willey, Brisbane
Kathryn Rayner, Townsville
Lisa Kinder, Toowoomba
Melissa O'Neill, Brisbane
Michelle Wright, Springwood
Peter Matus, Bundall
Roger Singh, Brisbane
Simon Morrison, Brisbane