Shine Lawyers Logo
1800 618 851

Slip, trip, or fall injuries

If you have suffered a slip injury, trip injury, or fall injury in a public, commercial or retail property, our Public Liability experts have the skills and expertise to help you claim the compensation you need to support your recovery.

Do I have a slip, trip, or fall injury claim?

Whether you were injured by a slip and fall in a shopping centre or elsewhere in public, you may have a public liability claim if another person, business, or organisation caused your injury.

Your legal team will need to prove whoever was responsible was ‘negligent’, meaning they failed to take the reasonable care expected of them to avoid your injury.

Public liability claims commonly occur due to:

If you have suffered a serious slip, trip, or fall injury in a public place due to someone else's negligence you should seek legal advice from our Public Liability lawyers as soon as possible – strict legal time limits apply.

Our slip, trip and fall injury experts have a proven record when it comes to achieving successful outcomes for our clients with public liability claims.

We’ll fight to maximise your compensation, ensuring you receive the support for your recovery that you deserve.

What can I claim compensation for?

Every injury is unique, so each compensation claim will vary according to the specifics of the case. Once your lawyer is familiar with your situation, they can explain what you should be able to claim.

A successful public liability claim may include compensation for:

  • medical and hospital costs
  • loss of earnings
  • pain and suffering
  • home help you may have received, whether paid or unpaid.

What is the claims process?

Shine Lawyers have expert public liability lawyers that can help you following your slip, trip, or fall injury. The complexities involved in this area of law mean that seeking legal help as soon as possible is your best chance at building a strong case.

For a slip, trip, or fall injury claim to be successful, lawyers typically need to prove:

  • the person or company at fault owed you a duty of care (they had an obligation to take measures to prevent harm)
  • the person or company failed to take this care; and
  • you were hurt and suffered loss as a result.

For more detail on what's involved in a slip, trip, and fall injury claim, watch our video below

Why choose Shine Lawyers?

Shine Lawyers | Service Icon | Shine Lawyers

Obligation-free initial consultation to assess your case confidentially

Shine Lawyers | Service Icon | Shine Lawyers

Claim assessment process where we will explain all of the options available to you

Shine Lawyers | Service Icon | Shine Lawyers

We can come to you - if you can't make it into the office we're more than happy to come to you

Shine Lawyers | Service Icon | Shine Lawyers

No Win No Fee arrangement

Common Questions

When making a slip and trip claim with Shine Lawyers, you won't pay any of our legal fees unless we win your claim at the end. We run all our Public Liability claims on a No Win No Fee* basis.

*Conditions apply

No two slip and fall injuries are the same and the impact these injuries have on a person varies as well. This means it's difficult to give an indication of what you might expect to receive from a compensation payout without knowing the facts of your situation.

In most instances a monetary value is placed on the gap between your predicted life path before the slip and fall injury, and your actual life path since the injury.

In most cases, the specific person, business or organisation responsible for your injury doesn't pay you the compensation. It's typically their public liability insurer who will pay you the compensation.

How long a slip and fall claim takes really depends on your specific situation. Claims are often resolved within 18 months, but more complex cases may take longer. It depends on how bad your injuries are, and the treatment you'll need to restore your health.

Yes. Strict time limits apply to all public liability or trip and fall claims. Please contact Shine Lawyers for further information regarding your specific entitlements and eligibility to claim.

It is possible to legally represent yourself when making a compensation claim. Doing so successfully will likely require a thorough understanding of the law, your legal rights and entitlements, and a commitment to actively pursue the case to move it forward.

Most people making slip, trip or fall compensation legal claims engage an expert compensation lawyer rather than represent themselves. The best compensation lawyers can provide the knowledge and experience required to help guide a case to the best possible outcome, maximising compensation.

As part of our service offering, home or hospital appointments can be arranged at your convenience.

Shine Lawyers have offices with compensation experts in the following locations:

Shine Lawyers have expert slip, trip and fall lawyers that can help you determine your rights and bring forward a claim on your behalf should you wish. The below links contain further information regarding your legal options.

Why you should choose Shine Lawyers

Hear from some of our clients

History of Shine Lawyers

The Shine Lawyers team

Shine Lawyers also have accredited specialists in personal injury law across the nation:

Enquire Now

If required, we gather more details or documents later in the process.
We're available to talk