- Location: Parramatta, New South Wales
- Joined: 2016
- Admitted to the New Zealand Bar (2011)
- Member of the New South Wales Law Society
- Member of the New South Wales Young Lawyers Committee
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society
- Member of the University of Sydney Postgraduate Association (Law)
- Awarded the Prime Minister Community Engagement Award
- Sumner Volunteer Fire Brigade - Long Service Medal
- Volunteer Solicitor with the Cantebury Community Law Centre
- Vice President of the Canterbury University Law Students Society
- Vice President of the Cantebury Young Professionals
- Supply and Procurement Manager of the Student Volunteer Army
Alexandra Millen is a Senior Compensation Solicitor with Shine Lawyers’ Parramatta team.
Alex’s experience in the legal industry extends across a multitude of industries and jurisdictions. She was first admitted to practice in New Zealand in 2011. She gained invaluable court experience working as a Barrister in Christchurch, participating in legal argument and witness examination.
In 2013, Alex travelled to London where she worked as a qualified lawyer in the litigation team of the Treasury Solicitors Department. In this role, Alex acted for the UK Government in all judicial reviews on administrative and human rights based law.
She returned to New Zealand after two years, gaining further in-court experience within the criminal jurisdiction working as both a Defence Lawyer and Staff Barrister.
In 2016, Alex moved to Australia and joined Shine’s Parramatta team to stand up for the little guy and fight for justice on behalf of the local community. She is currently furthering her legal studies, undertaking her Master of Laws at the University of Sydney.
Throughout her legal career, Alex has engaged in extensive volunteer work. She worked in the Community Law Centre in Canterbury as a Volunteer Lawyer, providing pro bono legal advice to those in need. She also volunteered with the Student Volunteer Army after the Christchurch Earthquakes, and spent years in service as a Senior Firefighter with the Summer Volunteer Fire Brigade.
Latest blog articles
Office Relationships: What is the Appropriate Way to Handle them in the Workplace?Office romances are more common than many people may suspect. In… Read more
NSFW: What words are “Safe for Work”Words can be very powerful and the recent move by the… Read more
Catholic Archbishop claims confessional is more sacred than the protection of childrenI read with absolute disgust the recent article quoting the Acting… Read more
Why do employees quit?Retaining top of the market talent is as important, if not… Read more