Some of many aviation cases the team has handled include:
- Airfast Services Indonesian DC3 crash Pekanbaru, Indonesia, 28/04/81
- Sea World Bell 206 Jet Ranger crash Gold Coast, Queensland, 03/03/91
- Bell 206 Jet Ranger crash off Gladstone, Queensland, 28/07/93
- Pelita Air Service Lockheed C130 crash Hong Kong Airport, 24/09/1994
- Robinson R22 Helicopter crash near Alice Springs, NT, 21/06/1994.
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines Airbus 300 Flight 152 crash near Medan Indonesia, 26/09/97
- SilkAir Boeing 737 Flight 185 crash Sumatra Indonesia, 19/12/97
- Egypt Air Boeing 767 Flight 990 crash south of Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, USA, 31/10/99
- Beechcraft King Air VH-SKC crash Burketown, Queensland, 04/09/00
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines Boeing 737 Flight GA 421 crash Central Java, Indonesia, 10/01/02
- Lion Air McDonald Douglas MD-82 Flight 538 crash Adisumarmo Airport, Solo, Indonesia, 30/11/04
- Transair Fairchild Industries Metroliner VH-TFU crash Iron Range National Park, Lockhart River, North Queensland, 07/05/05
- Adam Air Boeing 737 Flight 574 crash near Sulawesi, Indonesia, 01/01/07
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines Boeing 737 Flight GA 200 crash Yogyakarta Airport, Indonesia, 07/03/07
- Airlines PNG Bombardier DHC-8 crash near Madang, Papua New Guinea, 13/10/11
After a serious aircraft accident we are generally able to identify the particular laws that apply to the claim, advise our clients of their rights and work out the best course of action, no matter where the accident, incident, or crash has occurred. The same goes for embarking, disembarking and onboard injuries and incidents.
Under international conventions and Australian legislation our clients may have the right to lodge a claim against the airline(s) involved in an accident (whether foreign or Australian), or various other entities under a wide array of laws.
We handle a range of claims and a sample list of past and current claims below exemplifies the diversity of matters which fall under “aviation” claims:
- Deaths arising from domestic or foreign air crashes and disasters (eg, MH370, MH17, Lockhart River crash);
- Deaths and injuries involving foreign charter aircraft crashes (Airlines PNG, 2011; Tropic Air, 2013; Caboolture skydiving crash, 2014);
- Injuries occurring while getting onto or off domestic or international flights in Australia or overseas (including falls down air stairs, or on aerobridges, or in airport terminals);
- Deaths and injuries occurring during domestic charter or aerial work (GBR Helicopters crash near Mossman, 2011; NT charter crash, 2014);
Our claims include those for people who have:
- Requested wheelchair assistance from airlines but suffered injuries when that was deficient;
- Suffered scalding by hot tea/coffee/water poured by flight attendants onboard;
- Had allergic reactions to airline food;
- Suffered sexual assault/molestation on international flights;
- Been injured seriously by bags falling out of overhead compartments.
Our Aviation team operate on a No Win No Fee basis for injury and death claims. We undertake administrative matters on behalf of pilots who have regulatory issues on a time charge basis.
Who are our clients?
Our clients are those who have been injured in an aircraft incident or relatives of someone who has died. It doesn’t matter whether the accident happened in Australia or overseas, on a commercial jet airliner, a small piston aircraft or a helicopter. We can provide aviation technical assistance for other claims which involve airlines and airports.
How to contact us
If you or someone you know has been injured in an aircraft accident, we can help. Click here to contact us.