If you've relied on financial advice and it's led you astray, you may be entitled to compensation for your economic losses. By law, financial advisors, brokers and financial planners are required to exercise proper care and skill when providing services to their clients. If they don't and you get hurt, we can help.
Negligent financial advice
It is important to note that not all advice that leads to financial loss will be negligent. Much depends on the particular circumstances of your case. Common behaviours that may give rise to negligence include:
- Giving financial advice without knowledge of personal circumstances
- Recommending unreasonably risky investments
- Improper monitoring of chosen investments
- Failing to advise on the risks associated with investment decisions
Financial advisor negligence claims
To have a successful claim for negligent financial advice, you must be able to show:
- Your financial planner owed you a duty to exercise reasonable care and skill when providing advice;
- Your financial advisor failed to comply with accepted standard of practice; and
- As a result of your advisor's negligence, you suffered economic loss.
We can help
If you believe advice from your financial advisor, broker or financial planner has caused you loss, it is best to seek legal advice as soon as possible. Shine's team of expert lawyers can provide an obligation-free consultation to assess the viability of your case and advise you on the best way to move forward. Get in touch today to see how we can right your wrong, and get you the results you deserve.
Recent Shine Lawyers professional and financial negligence cases
- Wickham Securities Class Action
- Macquarie Private Wealth action
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) class action
- ANZ class action