Shine Lawyers | Compensation Lawyers, No Win No Fee
1800 618 851

Property Resumption Claims

Property or land resumption can be difficult and stressful to come to terms with. When the government provides an offer for your property or part of your property, it can be hard to know where to start or what to do.

Discovering that your property has been earmarked as the new site of a road or railway project can be alarming. It’s important to seek legal advice as soon as possible so as not to jeopardise your legal entitlements to seek fairer compensation. If you don’t act within the legal time limits, you may lose the opportunity to do so.

Many thousands of Australians are affected by the resumption of property for the use of government projects that includes highway construction, widening of roads, new electrical lines and rail lines. Shine Lawyers understands the emotional and financial impact land resumption can have, especially if you own agricultural land.

As experienced lawyers, we can work with you to help you understand exactly what you’re entitled to within the legislation and to help you pursue the compensation you are entitled to under the law.

Inland Rail Project

The Inland Rail Project is a proposed 1,700km rail line from Melbourne to Brisbane. The project is expected to touch many hundreds of properties in NSW and Queensland where land will be required to develop the alignment.

For most sections of the Inland Rail route in Queensland, formal gazettal of lands to be acquired has not yet happened. Among other stages in the process, the EIS process will first need to be finalised and that is expected to occur later this year (but could be extended).

If, in the future, you are approached regarding the private sale or compulsory acquisition of your land for the Inland Rail, it’s vital that you obtain legal advice as soon as possible so as not to jeopardise your legal entitlements to seek fairer compensation. Shine Lawyers can assist you to pursue your compensation entitlements under the law.

Common Questions

Enquire Now

If required, we gather more details or documents later in the process.
We're available to talk

Live Chat

No agents are currently online

Chat Feedback

We would like your feedback to improve our website. How would you rate your experience?