DePuy ASR Hip Replacement Class Action
$250M Settlement Reached In DePuy Hip Class Action
In March 2016 Shine Lawyers and Maurice Blackburn reached a conditional agreement with Johnson & Johnson and DePuy International to settle the DePuy ASR hip class action for $250 million, subject to court approval.
The DePuy ASR hip class action began in 2011 and has been jointly conducted by Shine Lawyers and Maurice Blackburn Lawyers.
This settlement means that Australians implanted with the DePuy ASR hip device who have not yet joined the class action will be eligible to share in the settlement.
Shine Lawyers Partner Rebecca Jancauskas said that a compensation scheme has now been devised and scheduled for an approval hearing on June 24 at the Federal Court, Sydney. These documents are available for download in the section below.
“The settlement scheme will ensure that the amount of compensation paid to each group member reflects their individual circumstances and losses,” Ms Jancauskas said.
“There are still Australians who are yet to have hip revision surgery and the settlement scheme will remain open for these people to access the compensation they are entitled to.”
If your DePuy ASR hip implant has failed, you may still be eligible to participate in the class action, so please enquire online to find out more.
Click to view the following documents:
- Information on the proposed settlement – Notice of Proposed Settlement
- Proposed settlement – Settlement Scheme
- Second Further Amended Originating Application
- Second Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Defence of the First Respondent to the Second Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Defence of the Second Respondent to the Second Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Notice to Group Members and Opt out Notice