Benefits of working at Shine Lawyers
We’ve been standing up for the rights of everyday Australians for more than 40 years. At Shine we’re a people-first employer, offering you a secure, stable workplace including a range of benefits such as:
- Flexible work arrangements and work from home options
- ASX-listed organisation
- A manager and peer-based recognition platform, plus access to internal coaches, mentors and technical specialists
- Financial assistance and study leave for Practical Legal Training (AUS) / Professional Legal Studies Course (NZ) and study leave assistance for role related study including Specialist Accreditation
- Competitive remuneration packages, coupled with our Profit Share (short term incentive) and Equity offerings (long term incentive)
- Childcare support benefits and options for career breaks (leave without pay)
- Wellbeing programs to support your physical and mental health
- The opportunity to purchase annual leave as well as paid parental, volunteer and domestic and family violence leave
- Discounts through ‘Shine Rewards’ program and workplace giving through our philanthropic initiative, ‘Shine a Light Foundation.’
Building your career at Shine
We have ambitious plans for the future and want to continue to deliver better justice for more people.
So, what does this mean for our people?
By expanding into new practice areas in new jurisdictions there are more opportunities than ever for our people to achieve, grow, develop and lead. But opportunities don't end there. Remote work and flexible schedules ensure that we always have a place for you.
Setting you up for success
We understand the importance of nurturing you - and all our talented people - and helping you discover your full potential. Our systems and processes are there to set you up for success. They ensure consistency, efficiency and accountability to enable impactful client delivery.
Here, you’ll have:
- Access to opportunities to work in diverse and challenging practice areas
- Internal coaches, mentors and technical specialists
- Progression opportunities through our network of branches and brands across Australia and New Zealand
Plus formal frameworks to guide your career journey through:
- Talent and succession identification
- Promotion and career progression, including our Professional Appointment program
- Performance and development planning
- Competency and career pathways
We have a vision and the game plan in place to set our people up for success... now, we just need you.
Your growth with shine
What’s our secret for building high performing individuals and teams? It’s our ability to think outside of the box.
The Shine Centre of Learning – also known as ‘Tiddalac’ – is an innovative residential training facility providing in-house learning programs, which closely reflect the firm’s values and our commitment to lifelong learning and development.
But it's more than that. It’s proof that we do things differently here.
Tiddalac is unique from other legal training currently available because we offer learning programs to all legal and non-legal areas of the firm.
We offer more than just our Shine Centre of Learning, this includes tailored programs for administration, paralegals, managers, support staff and lawyers. Our dedicated Learning and Development team partners closely with you to ensure you're on the right path.
We understand that every single person at Shine plays a part in seeking justice for our clients. We know that as we challenge them, and they grow our capability grows - that’s how we stay ahead of the pack.